We will create new value for the Company and its shareholders by realizing improvements in healthcare through the following strategic initiatives:
- Launching our high-dose oral Eligen B12™ product in the United States
- Commercializing oral Eligen B12™ globally through strategic alliances
- Seeking or developing new prescription Medical Food or NDA commercial opportunities where the Eligen® technology can improve the delivery, efficacy or treatment outcome
- Expanding upon existing delivery systems partnerships (such as Novo Nordisk’s development of an oral GLP-1 analog)
- Seeking and promoting new uses for the Eligen® technology, such as improving delivery of emerging peptides, pegylated peptides, proteins, biologics, and certain new small molecules
Emisphere has developed a high dose oral formulation of Eligen B12™ (1000 mcg) for use by B12 clinically-deficient individuals:
- Eligen B12™ enables 100% of clinically-deficient patients to achieve normal B12 levels- comparable to the IM injection (current standard of care).
- Eligen B12™ doubles the bioavailability versus OTC formulations.
- Currently, the Company is conducting the necessary pre-launch activities in preparation for a 2015 launch of Eligen B12™.
The Delivery Systems Business: Potential Application of the Eligen® Technology
We believe that the Eligen® drug delivery technology is well suited to facilitate the safe and effective oral absorption of emerging peptides and biologics products that are typically only available as injectibles or are currently under development. We believe that these products represent tremendous promise for realizing improvements in healthcare and growth in the industry.
- In the cases that such molecules are delivered by injection due to limited benefits, our technology may increase the benefit of the therapy by improving bioavailability, absorption or by decreasing time to onset of action.
- The Eligen® Technology can make it possible to deliver certain therapeutic molecules orally without altering their chemical form or biological activity.
- The Eligen® Technology can be applied to other delivery pathways, such as buccal, rectal, inhalation, intra-vaginal or transdermal.
- Eligen® “carriers”, enable the transport of therapeutic molecules across the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, to reach the tissues of the body where they can exert their intended pharmacological effect.
- Our development efforts are conducted internally or in collaboration with corporate development partners.
- Typically, the drugs that we target are at an advanced stage of development, or have already received regulatory approval, and are currently available on the market.
For further information contact:
Michael R. Garone, CFO and Corporate Secretary
973.532.8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any statements relating to matters that are not historical facts involve risks and uncertainties. For an explanation of risks and uncertainties that may affect Emisphere’s business please refer to Emisphere's periodic reports on Forms 10K, 10Q and 8K filed with the SEC.